Adopt an Elephant
In the last 40 years, African elephant populations have declined by 40%, if we do not act now this iconic keystone species will become extinct in our lifetime.
Adopt an elephant today, and help David Shepherd Wildlife Foundation (DSWF) as we:
- Fight on your behalf to end the trade in ivory and the illegal killing of elephants.
- Protect key elephant habitats by championing the heroic wildlife rangers on the frontline of conservation.
- Engage at-risk communities who share their homes with wildlife and reduce human-elephant conflict.
- Personalised adoption certificate, species fact sheet, animal bio sheet and photo.
- Wildlife Matters magazine.
- A beautiful elephant sketch print by wildlife artist Julie Rhodes.
- Optional unique hand knitted toy made by Little Ndaba a women’s community group in Zambia.
Adoption packs are only available to be posted within the UK. Alternatively you can opt to receive a digital adoption pack via sent email.
How your adoption could help elephants:
- Just £3 per month (or £36 per year) could promote human wildlife co-existence in Zambia through far reaching community engagement programmes.
- Only £5 per month (or £47 per year) could protect the elephants of Kafue National Park with on the ground rangers and aerial patrols.
- With £10 per month (or £60 per year) an orphaned baby elephant could be provided with vital emergency medical supplies and veterinary care.
Meet our Elephant species ambassador, Chamilandu
Chamilandu, lovingly known as Chamma, arrived at the elephant orphanage in 2007 after her mother was sadly killed by poachers.
From a young age, Chamma was a matriarchal figure to new orphans and was a vital part of their development whilst they progressed through the release programme.
In September 2019, now a fully grown adult Chamilandu gave birth to her first calf. Mutaanzi-David, named in honor our late founder, is the first wild-born calf ever to be born to a Zambian orphan elephant. Mother and calf are doing exceptionally well and have now fully reintegrated back into the wild.
By adopting an elephant with DSWF you are helping to secure a brighter future for Chamilandu, her calf, and other orphaned elephants.
We aim to dispatch all orders within 7 working days. Parcels are sent 2nd class untracked with Royal Mail. International delivery is unavailable.