The David Shepherd Wildlife Foundation and DSWF Trading Company Limited (together “the Foundation”) process your personal data for purposes of achieving the charitable objectives of the Foundation, fundraising, administration and undertaking marketing and trading activities in relation to the Foundation’s aims. We are the Data Controller of personal information that this policy applies to under the Data Protection Act 1998. This policy applies to information collected by us on this and associated websites; we are referring to these sites collectively as “our website”.
We only collect data about you to:
- Help us to make our website work better for you
- Give us contact details in case we need to get in touch
- To show us how you are using the website so we can keep on improving it
Some parts of the site – like trading for example – will ask for more information so you can use services or complete transactions. This information will only be used for the purposes stated.
We collect the following information:
- Your questions comments and feedback, including you email address if you send us email
- The IP address of your computer and the version (and type) of browser you are using
- Information, using cookies and page tagging, about how you use the site to help us improve it
All your information is stored on secure servers and payment transactions are encrypted. The transmission of information over the internet is never completely secure. We will do our best to protect your personal data, but cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. We use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We use this information to:
- Improve the design and content of the website
- Let you customise features of the website if you choose to
- Get in touch with you, with your permission
We never share your information with other organisations for marketing, market research or commercial purposes, and we don’t pass on your personal information to any other website.
If you enter your postal address or telephone number into our website, we may use these details to contact you unless you ask us not to. If you have provided us with your postal address or phone number and you don’t want us to contact you this way, please let us know by email to email@example.com
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data, see the information we hold about you and ask for any inaccuracies to be corrected. If you want to see the information we hold about you, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
When we are satisfied of your identity we will send you a copy of your personal information that we are legally required to disclose. We may ask you to pay a fee. You can also email us at the same address if you think that information we hold about you is inaccurate and you want it to be corrected.