Working to save endangered species
The David Shepherd Wildlife Foundation is a highly effective wildlife conservation charity funding key projects across Africa and Asia.
The Art of Survival: to Fight, Protect and Engage on behalf of endangered wildlife around the world.
To raise vital funds supporting front line conservation projects which help secure a future for wildlife in their natural habitat.
- We fight wildlife crime through ranger programmes and law enforcement.
- We engage with communities to educate and raise awareness to reduce threats to wildlife.
- We campaign for stronger wildlife laws and to reduce consumer demand for wildlife products.
Through dedication and hard work we have influenced policy, shifted attitudes and provided an unwavering voice for wildlife conservation from grass roots to the world stage for over 30 years. We work hard to maximise the impact of every donation we receive and to date have invested over £9m in wildlife conservation projects.
The cornerstones of our work:
- we fight for greater legal protection of endangered species
- we help fund international cross-border enforcement programmes
- we build capacity of key law enforcement networks
- we support undercover investigations into wildlife crime
- we campaign to bring an end to the trade in the parts of endangered species
- we equip and train rangers to protect vulnerable wildlife populations from poachers
- we help rescue and return wildlife to the wild when found orphaned or in the hands of poachers
- we support research into human wildlife conflict to create sustainable solutions
- we monitor key wildlife populations to better understand their needs and vulnerabilities
- we equip and train anti-poaching guards in key population areas
- we support communities with alternative livelihood schemes
- we educate wildlife consumers about the plight of the animals they ‘use’
- we teach young people about endangered wildlife through art and education projects
- we enable and empower local communities to better protect their native wildlife
- we work with celebrities to raise awareness through social media
- we collaborate with and encourage wildlife artists to support conservation
- we partner with individuals and companies to raise funds and awareness for wildlife
SPECIES WE PROTECT