Working to save endangered species
Our vision is for a world where man shares the planet in harmony with other creatures living in their natural habitat.
The David Shepherd Wildlife Foundation is a highly effective wildlife conservation charity funding key conservation projects across Africa and Asia. Our mission is to increase awareness to people around the world about the need to protect and conserve wild animals and their habitats. We fund conservation projects across Africa and Asia that fight wildlife crime, protect natural areas and engage local communities in finding long-term, sustainable solutions to protect their native wildlife. We also campaign for stronger laws and protectionist policies for wildlife and fund investigations to expose the illegal trade in endangered species.
Through dedication and hard work the David Shepherd Wildlife Foundation has influenced policy, shifted attitudes and provided an unwavering voice for wildlife conservation from grass roots to the world stage for over 30 years, working hard to maximize the impact of every donation to protect endangered wildlife.
The cornerstones of our work are to fight, protect and engage
- we fight for greater legal protection of endangered species
- we help fund international cross-border enforcement programmes
- we build capacity of key law enforcement networks
- we support undercover investigations into wildlife crime
- we campaign to bring an end to the trade in the parts of endangered species
- we equip and train rangers to protect vulnerable wildlife populations from poachers
- we help rescue and return wildlife to the wild when found orphaned or in the hands of poachers
- we support research into human wildlife conflict to create sustainable solutions
- we monitor key wildlife populations to better understand their needs and vulnerabilities
- we equip and train anti-poaching guards in key population areas
- we support communities with alternative livelihood schemes
- we educate wildlife consumers about the plight of the animals they ‘use’
- we teach young people about endangered wildlife through art and education projects
- we enable and empower local communities to better protect their native wildlife
- we work with celebrities to raise awareness through social media
- we collaborate with and encourage wildlife artists to support conservation
- we partner with individuals and companies to raise funds and awareness for wildlife
SPECIES WE PROTECT