Take The 2.6 Challenge for DSWF
Covid-19 is affecting all walks of life and the work of DSWF is no exception, with events and activities being cancelled or limited due to the current crisis. Which is why we’re taking part in The 2.6 Challenge – a nationwide initiative set up by Save the UK Charities to engage people like you around the world in a show of strength and support for the causes dear to them. And we’d love for you to join our 2.6 Challenge team!
Our wildlife needs us now, more than ever before and with your help, we can continue to stand together and save endangered species from the brink of extinction.
Get involved in the TwoPointSixChallenge
The #TwoPointSixChallenge is a fun and easy way to support DSWF and our precious wildlife from your own home or during your daily outdoor exercise. The idea is to…
- Choose your own #TwoPointSixChallenge – a challenge that suits your skills and ability, involving the numbers 2.6 or 26*
- Donate £26 (or any amount you wish) to DSWF here or through our JustGiving page. You can also create your own page to fundraise even more.
- Share your challenge on social media, tagging us @dswfwildlife #TwoPointSixChallenge and nominating others to take part!
What will be your #TwoPointSixChallenge for wildlife?
Here are some ideas to get you started or click here for more inspiration…
- Run or walk 2.6 or 26 miles dressed up in an animal-related outfit
- 26 minutes spent drawing your favourite wild animal
- Create 26 fact sheets about African and Asian species
- 26-minute dog walk
- Find 26 household objects to create a wildlife-inspired artwork
- 26 questions for your wildlife quiz with your family
- Challenge 26 of your friends and family to a gardening competition
- Unite with 26 of your friends and family to each run a mile and complete a marathon all together!
Stand with us and our wildlife
Please do email Alicia on Alicia.email@example.com to let us know if you’d like to join The 2.6 Challenge in support of DSWF and thank you so much for all that you do to help fund our vital conservation work across Africa and Asia.
We are proud to have you as part of our DSWF family.
*The number 2.6 / 26 is connected to the 26.2-mile distance of the London Marathon, one the many fundraising events that was due to go ahead this year.