Take on the 2.6 Challenge for DSWF
DSWF are relaunching the 2.6 Challenge from Saturday 26 September, leading up to the Virtual London Marathon on Sunday 4 October.
Covid-19 is affecting all walks of life and the work of DSWF is no exception, with events and activities being cancelled or limited due to the current crisis. Which is why we’re taking part in The 2.6 Challenge – a nationwide initiative set up by Save the UK Charities to engage people like you around the world in a show of strength and support for the causes dear to them. And we’d love for you to join our 2.6 Challenge team!
Our wildlife needs us now, more than ever before and with your help, we can continue to stand together and save endangered species from the brink of extinction.
Get involved in the #TwoPointSixChallenge
The #TwoPointSixChallenge is a fun and easy way to support DSWF and our precious wildlife from your own home. The idea is to…
- Choose your own #TwoPointSixChallenge – a challenge that suits your skills and ability, involving the numbers 2.6 or 26*
- Create your own fundraising page on JustGiving and ask your friends and family to support your #TwoPointSixChallenge
- Donate £26 (or any amount you wish) to DSWF through our JustGiving page
- Share your challenge on social media, tagging us @dswfwildlife #TwoPointSixChallenge and nominating others to take part!
What will be your #TwoPointSixChallenge for wildlife?
Here are some ideas to get you started or click here for more inspiration…
- Get Social ask 2.6 friends to join your challenge
- Get Active move for 26 minutes, walk 2.6 miles, add 26 new exercises into your workout
- Get Creative write a 26 line poem, sing for 2.6 minutes every day, create 26 artworks across the week
- Get Involved start your #TwoPointSixChallenge now!
Stand with us and our wildlife
Please do email Tabitha at dsw[email protected] to let us know if you’d like to join the 2.6 Challenge in support of DSWF and thank you so much for all that you do to help fund our vital conservation work across Africa and Asia.
We are proud to have you as part of our DSWF family
*The number 2.6 / 26 is connected to the 26.2-mile distance of the London Marathon, one the many fundraising events that was due to go ahead this year.