Could you work for us? David Shepherd Wildlife Foundation is a highly effective wildlife conservation charity funding key projects across Africa and Asia.
We are currently looking for:
Fundraising and Database Executive (Maternity cover)
Team: Fundraising & Communications Team
Reports to: Head of Fundraising
Salary: £22,000 Full-time, non-neg (35 hours/week)
Location: DSWF office, Shalford
You will be responsible for supporting the full range of fundraising activities carried out by David Shepherd Wildlife Foundation (DSWF). In particular, you will have responsibility for two key areas:
- Fundraising: With the support of the Head of Fundraising, you will lead, develop and manage specific fundraising initiatives including (but not exclusively) our adoptions and appeals programmes.
- Database: Managing the integrity of the fundraising database (Raiser’s Edge) and ensuring accurate recording of all donations and supporter correspondence and providing general administration support to the team.
You should ideally have experience of working with databases, including generating reports and exporting data, be fully computer literate, have excellent organisational and time-management skills and be able to work accurately and on your own initiative whilst managing multiple priorities and deadlines. The successful candidate must also have attention to detail and the ability to work with high volumes of information and data.
An understanding of the fundraising sector and in particular individual giving income streams (appeals, regular giving, adoptions etc.) is desirable. Above all, you must be enthusiastic, warm and a real people person, with the ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels and to work well on your own and as part of a team. This is a great role for someone wishing to gain a great deal of experience across a variety of fundraising disciplines and initiatives.
- To manage and lead specific fundraising income initiatives as appropriate (with responsibility for some income and expenditure budgets)
- To provide administration and database support to the fundraising team
- To be the first point of contact for enquiries to the fundraising team, providing administrative duties, opening fundraising mail and minuting fundraising meeting
- To liaise with relevant departments to provide appropriate information for fundraising mailings, events and campaigns
- To collaborate with other staff members to analyse fundraising trends/results and provide related analysis
- To deal with day-to-day correspondence via telephone and email efficiently
- To assist with gathering appropriate content for DSWF’s fundraising media including newsletter, social media, annual report, website and other publications.
- To manage our Adoptions programme from planning, to implementation and development
- To manage our Appeals fundraising programme with support from the Head of Fundraising
- To work with he Head of Fundraising to manage and develop the Wildlife Shepherds / Regular Giving fundraising programme
- To support the Trusts and Foundations Manager with research and application support and support or lead on specific other fundraising initiatives as appropriate and required (e.g. Challenge events such as London Marathon and Prudential Ride London 100).
- Handling and processing all fundraising income, entering donations onto the Raisers Edge database, exporting data to provide to Finance, ensuring consistency and accuracy of records
- To be responsible for capturing donor information incl. data input and output using Raisers Edge
- To ensure that accurate financial and analytical reports are prepared using the database and provided to the Head of Fundraising
- To be responsible for the day-to-day admin of all fundraising initiatives on behalf of the fundraising team
- To ensure that thank you letters are sent out in a professional and timely manner
- To provide administration support to all fundraising initiatives including providing mailing data lists via Raisers Edge database, checking external online fundraising pages and logging data on Raisers Edge, liaising with event participants, assisting, attending and supporting events
Internal fundraising operations
- To provide basic fundraising advice and support to staff and supporters as appropriate.
- To liaise with finance colleagues to ensure that all monies are banked and accurate financial records are maintained
- To attend and contribute to Fundraising team meetings
- To work flexibly as part of the Fundraising team
- To continually seek ways to ensure the smooth running of the fundraising team
- To provide research to support fundraising activity
- To continually look for ways to maximise fundraising income and productivity using Raiser’s Edge
|Person Specification Knowledge, Skills & Experience||Essential||Desirable|
|Qualifications||GCSE English and Maths or equivalent||Holder of, or willingness to work towards a Fundraising qualification.
Member of the Institute of Fundraisers
|Skills and Knowledge||Experience with CRM, in particular the fundraising database Raiser’s Edge
Experience with Excel and good numerical skills
Ability to handle numerous projects simultaneously
Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
Excellent time management skills and ability to work to clear deadlines
To be able to act on own initiative.
To work independently as well as part of a team.
|Understanding of the fundraising sector and in particular individual giving|
|Experience||Database management experience
Experience working in an office environment as part of a team.
|General fundraising experience|
How to apply
Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
This job has no closing date, however we will remove the advert as soon as we find the right person for the role. We advise if you are interested to apply immediately.