Head of Finance
We are currently on the look out for a Head of Finance
- Salary: c£40,000 (based on Full Time – hours negotiable – pro rata)
- Location: Shalford, near Guildford, Surrey
- Job Type: Permanent
The David Shepherd Wildlife Foundation (DSWF) requires an experienced and qualified Head of Finance who will report to the CEO. The Head of Finance is a member of DSWF’s Senior Management Team and is directly responsible for all aspects of finance and office management with responsibility for a small team. The role includes budget and forecasting processes, financial strategy, development of systems for monitoring and reporting and the management of financial risk. We are therefore looking for someone who can act at a senior level but who will also be happy to manage day to day financial processing tasks. The role is based in a pleasant rural location just outside Guildford at the Charity and Art Sales office.
About the David Shepherd Wildlife Foundation
The David Shepherd Wildlife Foundation was established over 30 years ago by wildlife artist and conservationist David Shepherd. Funds are raised through individual giving, corporate partnerships, events and trading to provide grant funding to projects meeting the charity’s criteria and approved by the Trustees. The charity is moving through an agreed strategic plan to sustainably increase its income and grant giving capacity over 5 years, and reinvigorate its trading company which generates funds largely through the sale of art and other associated activities. Projects for funding are selected on their basis to deliver sustainable and impactful change to the current surge of wildlife crime, through field based park protection schemes, animal rescue and rehabilitation, education and awareness programmes and community engagement initiatives. We pride ourselves on funding changes where a small amount of money can deliver a real difference; and we keep our administrative overheads as low as possible to enable maximum funding to reach areas most in need.
The Head of Finance will:
- provide sound financial advice and reporting to trustees, the CEO and colleagues; and provide an effective financial management service to the charity and it’s trading subsidiary.
- oversee the charity’s finance function, advising and assisting the CEO on budget and financial planning strategies, monitoring and revising the budget and forecast and preparing timely and accurate management accounts and annual financial statements for audit in line with the relevant SORP.
- be responsible for managing all payroll and tax matters, including partial exemption VAT and auto enrolment, and liaison with HMRC and pension providers.
- sit on the investment sub committee to oversee the effective investment of funds, in conjunction with advice from independent investment managers.
- deputise for the CEO in her absence.
Closing Date for applications: Monday, 5th March, 2018 at 5.00 p.m.
First interviews will be held during week commencing 12th March, 2018
No contact from agencies or media sales please
For a full job description and more details please click here