Date: October 4, 2018 9:00 am - October 4, 2018 5:00 pm
Contact Name: Jo Elphick
Contact Email: email@example.com
Contact Telephone: 01483 272 323
Type: Challenge, Education
DSWF firmly believes that the future health of our planet and of all living things rests with today’s children. If we can help develop, inspire and encourage an interest in the natural world, specifically by bringing conservation issues into schools, then we will have achieved our aim.
This year DSWF is launching ‘Running Wild’ School’s Day – your opportunity to learn, play and protect endangered species by organising a fun animal themed event and fundraising at your school. All the money you kindly raise will help support our conservation projects across Africa and Asia.
‘Running Wild’ will be open nationwide for schools to have fun and take part on 4 October 2018 – World Animal Day!
The event can take any shape you wish! Here are just a few exciting suggestions:
- *Tumble through the Jungle*– hold a sponsored race across an obstacle course!
- *Non-uniform day* – dress up as an endangered wild animal!
- *Wild bake sale* – make animal themed treats and have a cake stall!
- *Wild Run* – Get sponsored to run some wild distances (primary and junior options available)
- Primary Option: A tiger’s roar can be heard from as far as three kilometres away (3000 meters). Can your class cumulatively run that distance (to make it harder – run whilst roaring like a tiger too!)? – That’s about 100m per child.
- Junior Option: Elephants walk 25km (25,000m) on average every day. Can your class cumulatively run that distance? – That’s about 800m per child OR join forces with the classroom next door and run 400m each!
We will provide sponsorship forms perfect for your activities, PLUS each school with a minimum of 30 students taking part will receive a FREE DSWF animal adoption – including a fantastic animal toy hand made by a women’s group in Zambia! A perfect classroom mascot. For further details on these excellent fundraising activities, please just drop us an email! firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to download the ‘Running Wild’ leaflet and sign-up form – With special thanks to Pim-Pam creative studio for their amazing design support!
Image Credits – Design: Pim-Pam, Elephant: Russell MacLaughlin, Pangolin: Africa Revealed – africarevealed.co.za