London Marathon 2018
Date: April 22, 2018 9:00 am - April 22, 2018 5:00 pm
Contact Name: Marianne Watts
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Telephone: 01483 272323
Have you secured a London Marathon public ballot place? We’ve got 3 places left in our pack of Wildlife Warriors, so join us today!
Golden Bond places are now full for 2018 but if you have secured your own place through the Public Ballot, we would love to welcome you to join our team. Please email Marianne Watts to run with the DSWF team or register your interest for a Golden Bond place in 2019.
With the Team DSWF London Marathon Team 2017 raising over an incredible £17 ,000, this is your opportunity to be part of the biggest and most exciting event in the charity world’s fundraising calendar.
Running the marathon is a massive achievement and we will be working alongside our Wildlife Warriors to make it a day they will never forget. We can offer you:
- Tips and advice from Day 1 – from training and nutrition to fundraising and events.
- Help with the setup of your giving page as well as social media and PR support for your fundraising
- ‘Meet the team’ reception in London – learn more about DSWF and the projects you will be supporting whilst getting the opportunity to meet the other DSWF runners and swap training tips.
- A personalised high quality running vest – to help you perform your best and stand out in the crowd allowing friends and family to spot you and cheer you on!
- Expert advice on looking after your body during training and on the day
- Support from our experienced Marathon Mentor to help you with any logistical or training enquiries
- Support on the day – we will be cheering you on loud and clear throughout the day and at the finish.
When: Sunday 22nd April 2018
Distance: 26.2 miles
Be a Volun’cheer’
Do you want to show your support for our London Marathon 2017 team? Soak up the electric atmosphere at one of the biggest events in the fundraising diary by joining DSWF to help cheer on our runners during their epic challenge. Email Marianne Watts
“Running the London Marathon for DSWF was the most incredible experience I have ever had. The day itself is overwhelming and extraordinary, but the months of training and fundraising are difficult. During the training, the fundraising and on the day the support I received from the DSWF team as well as from the other DSWF runners and from Tiger Therapy made an enormous difference. It was a pleasure to do this, and gratifying that the efforts we runners put in can make such a positive difference to the DSWF’s amazing conservation work” Jon Musker DSWF Wildlife Warrior 2017
“For all the hard work and dedication you put in, then the reward is 10 times. To think your helping to save wild rare animals from extinction is a bigger reward than any medal can give. Good luck to you all, it’s an experience you will never forget, so try to enjoy each and every step!” Joe Moriarty Wildlife Warrior 2017
“Many thanks to all at DSWF for all your support; from offering me a place, through regular emails offering advice and support, to arranging a team
‘get together’ beforehand, supporting us on the course, to meeting us at the end of the marathon – with a much needed cup of tea waiting for me!
The London Marathon is an amazing, unique experience which, in my opinion, would be virtually impossible to equal or better in any other sport. I’ve
completed 7 ‘Londons’ now, and would I do it again, given the opportunity? Never say never!!” Kay Belcham Wildlife Warrior 2016