How do I know if I have a David Shepherd original?
Your artwork is likely to be an original if:
- It is signed by David Shepherd.
- The brush or pencil marks are clearly visible.
- It is open and not behind glass – oil or acrylic paintings, in particular, are rarely enclosed.
Your artwork is NOT an original if:
- It has a number written in a bottom corner – this is likely to be a limited edition print.
- It is mounted – generally only prints are displayed in a mount.
- It has a title or name of the artwork/artist printed at the top or bottom.
However, there are always exceptions to the rules – particularly where original sketches are concerned.
If you are in any doubt, please contact Susie Baxter on 01483 272323 or firstname.lastname@example.org